How Many Sacks Can Your Healthcare Organization Group Fill?
Learn how your healthcare organization can help improve the lives of malnourished seniors.
More than 1 in 3 seniors in the care of others are at risk for malnutrition (Mayo Clinic/American Dietetic Association). Malnutrition is the lack of proper nutrition, not necessarily a lack of food. Detecting malnutrition in seniors may be difficult, and even seniors who eat enough may be eating the wrong foods to keep themselves healthy. At Comfort Keepers, we help seniors live healthy, independent lives. That's why we have created an initiative to address senior nutrition issues.
Through the Feed Seniors Now™ initiative in September, Comfort Keepers is partnering with Lubbock Meals on Wheels (LMOW) to collect food and funds to fully support the LMOW weekend meals bag program. Recipients of this program have no other means to obtain weekend food other than that provided through Lubbock Meals on Wheels.
Feed Seniors Now™ Goals:
- Collect funds and specific food items to fill 10,000+ bags each year for the LMOW weekend meals bag program*
- Raise awareness about the growing epidemic of malnutrition that impacts millions of older Americans
How can our healthcare organization fill sacks for Feed Seniors Now™?
- Conduct a food & funds drive for specific items listed in the grocery list, then deliver to Comfort Keepers (or call for pickup) by Sept. 30.
- Invite church members, small groups, Sunday School classes, youth groups, etc. to participate.
- Include this Feed Seniors Now™ flier, website or information in upcoming church bulletins, newsletters, email campaigns, social media,etc.
- Post your Feed Seniors Now™ church drive details: elevators, breakrooms, bulletin boards, etc.
- Add paid PSA’s or ads for Feed Seniors Now™ to your company’s September radio/TV, newspaper or billboard advertising schedules.
- Fund weekend meals bags at $15 each with checks made out to Lubbock Meals on Wheels or provide sponsorship dollars.
GROCERY LIST - Single-Serving Sizes of:
- Fruit Cups
- Vienna Sausages
- Granola Bars
- Cereal Boxes
- Peanut Butter To-Go
- Microwave Popcorn
- Easy Mac Cups
- Pudding Cups
- Jell-O Cups
- Beanie Weenies
*(Each weekend meal bag contains a frozen meal, plus 10-12 of the above items.)